
Crying before napping and bedtime is now the norm in this household. I am not sure what happened. But ever since we went to Chicago the kiddo cries every time we lay him down for his nap or for bed. And, if he wakes up, he screams. But once he passes out, he is down for the count. So, I am not sure what is going on and I keep wondering if maybe it is his ears again (my fix for everything). Is this a phase? Did I ruin CIO that one time I went in and got him when he was crying and now we just have to CIO again? Will he ever wake up and happily babble in his crib/pack n' play again?

We have been at Sebago Lake since Thursday now, so I know the change of scenery could do it too. It is not like he is not tired. We wait until the poor guy rubs his eyes and looks exhausted before we take him in. Maybe it is over tired? Either way, Mommy is sick of it!

We had a great weekend (despite this napping issue). At the last minute Pat, Keri and Brit were able to come up for two nights. We got Keri to have a margarita! Good times! It was great to hang out with Brit. Though, it is hard to remember those days when J would just sit there and be content. All I know now is a really busy guy who needs constant occupation.

This weekend Nana and Pa have taught the little guy to go up stairs (nice...), and they have him walking (with assistance) pretty well. I think walking will be coming any week now. He wants to go. He wants to see. He wants to explore. I will have my hands full! Maybe all of this exploration, the fresh air, the new faces - is making it hard for him to want to nap? But, seriously, how do I stop this crying thing (as soon as we put him down, hysterical crying!) - it is getting worse by the day!
It's a phase - usually there is sleep regression when a new skill is being acquired. I'd recommend putting him down earlier for his naps and definitely cut back on AM nap amount (so if he usually sleeps 1.5-2 hours, reduce by 30 mins). Also compensate by putting him to bed 30 mins earlier even if that means right after dinner. That will keep your sanity in check!
ReplyDelete