Wednesday, May 5, 2010

In Between

Ah, it is so nice outside! A great chance for us to get out, and explore! We have been doing a bit of that, and are lucky enough to know a lot of Moms in the area to do some fun things with. The only down part? We are in an in-between stage right now.
He is too old just to sit in the bucket, like some of our younger baby friends still do. He cannot just chill out for an entire visit and now we need to occupy him. This can be stressful for Mom, especially if she is around other Moms who just enjoy relaxation while their little one sleeps most of the play date.
But, he is not old enough yet to run around. And, we have a whole slew of other Mom/Baby friends that are in the running around stage. So, we watch the bigger kids run around and it just frustrates my little guy. So, I try to "walk" him everywhere, but I think it ends up making us both cranky.
Also, it makes it hard to pick a fun place to go. As seen from the Children's Museum, that place was perfect - great things for my 9 month old, and for our 15 month old companion. The park was also great today for Maddy and Joel as you can see, but I still could sense his frustration with not being able to walk around.
Tomorrow and the next few days this Mom wants to try a few last Museum-type places to go and stroll, ones where he can be visually stimulated. And, since he knock-on-wood still does not mind sitting in the carriage, a place where he will still be in the carriage 99% of the time. Sadly most of my local Moms are out of this stage, and the thought of bringing their toddler to one of these places horrifies them... So, the two of us will get it done...

1 comment:

  1. I am so with you on the "in-between" stage. Lucy is crawling but not walking just yet, and isn't really content just sitting in the stroller for hours (or even in my lap for hours). So at playgrounds I have to either plop her in a swing or carry her because I don't want her to eat a ton of mulch or hurt her knees crawling. And restaurants have become a little touch-n-go, too, unless she really likes her food. Can't wait until we can just let her loose walking to burn off some steam - at least then one parent can get some peace while the other tags along after her!

    Have fun at the museums - I think it's great you take J to so many!

    ReplyDelete