Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Millennium Park and Art Institute of Chicago

We had our fun walking around the city today. We went to lunch at the Park Grill, and then off the Millennium Park to take the all-important photo with the Bean. I only wish it were a bit warmer and sunnier, then it would have been perfect!
There are lots of fun things to do in Chicago with kiddies, but because J is not yet walking on his own I thought it best to sneak in one last art museum. I mean, in our future trips are we really going to be able to get the both Joels into an art museum again? I do not think so. Also, I needed some more photos for my future retrospective book of all of our art museum visits!
Here he is with some way-famous works of art. He does get a little antsy, but we can still get away with a Museum visit or two I think... I have taken to letting him out of the carriage and letting him "walk" around the room toward his favorite painting. I will not attempt this in crowded rooms, or rooms with sculpture however. He did get a little noisy in the Matisse exhibit. I guess he is not a fan of Fauvism.

The next few visits to Chicago we will have plans for the Children's Museum, the Aquarium, the Museum of Science and Industry and some new Park near Franklin Park that is supposed to be fabulous for little ones.
Tonight we are having cocktails at the apartment for some of my parent's friends, so they can come and meet the baby. Then, tomorrow we are off to Lake Michigan. I will not have posting ability out there, so that is why you got your fill today. You will have to wait until the end of the weekend for more! Can you handle it?
See, he still enjoys the museums... I was wrong in my other post, he is not going through his Blue Period... Get it?

No comments:

Post a Comment