
It has been a tough week for the Williams. But, it all ended very well, so that is all that counts. On his birthday, my husband's position was eliminated. Can you imagine finding out that news on your birthday? Poor guy! But, the good news is the parent company to his small start-up hired him back by Friday. Phew. But, for two and a half days we worried. I do not work, if he does not work, where will we get insurance and all that good stuff that comes with employment? (I will reserve my political statement about whether or not the new healthcare plan would really help us in this situation, since I do not know enough about it, and want to keep it friendly here!).

Anyway, in celebration of the new job, we decided to hold an impromptu BBQ. It was so awesome to see so many people come out for a fun time, last minute! It was a gorgeous day, with tons of kiddos running all around our yard. Burgers and dogs were enjoyed by all.

J must have also read my post from the other day, as he was on his best behavior this weekend. Not too much whining at all (as I write this he is with Daddy for the day...so who knows really...) Yesterday he did the best thing which had me in hysterics. All the books say they should be able to play peek-a-boo by now. I have no idea what this means. He laughs when I do peek-a-boo, does that count? Do we really anticipate a 10 month old will be able to cover and uncover his eyes? Obviously he cannot say peek-a-boo, what do they mean? Well, yesterday I figured it out!

He was lying on his changing table, fresh out from his bath and he pulled his towel over his face. I casually said: "Where did he go?" and all of the sudden, with drama, he pulled back the towel and had the biggest grin ever. So, I yell "peek-a-boo" and laugh and think, boy was that funny but it will not happen again... Nope - two seconds later, towel over his face again, "Where is Joel Andrew?" and "Peek-a-boo!" We did this for about twenty minutes. I laughed so much.
Tomorrow we are off to Chicago for 1 week. Wish us luck for the plane ride...
Good luck on the plane ride, and so, so happy that Joel got another job so quickly. Phew!
ReplyDelete