Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mini Gym

For the past few weeks we have been going to Atlantic Gym. It is a real Gym - equipped with all of the apparati such as balance beams, uneven bars, etc. But they offer a class for babies. For five weeks, 1/2 hour each week it is $20. I thought, why not?
The first few times he was still working on crawling. So, it was not the best. But there were tons of kids there so it was nice for him to just get out and see. One time it was 8 million degrees, and that made it tough on him. But today, with his newfound walking skills, and his good morning nap, and the cooler temps - he had a blast!
Catch him walking, all by himself, on the trampoline. I don't think I could have done as well! He loves walking on the balance beam now, and when the gym teacher "tumbles" him he seems to get it and smiles as well. We are almost to the point of knowing that if we want to go down steps, we need to go backwards... Just, almost though... Well, he is Joel's son...

The first shot is of his friend Ava doing Downward Facing Dog. I love it!

3 comments:

  1. The downward facing dog is too cute! And $20 for 5 classes is a great price! Love the new pic of J on your masthead, he is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cameron has no idea how to climb down stairs. And she always tries to walk up them rather than crawling. I have a feeling we will have baby gates for a VERY long time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that outfit. He is doing so well! Now it is time to "batten the hatches". "Here comes JOEL!"

    ReplyDelete