
Today we went to Applecrest Farm (just down the road from us in Hampton Falls, Strawberry picking. It was their annual Strawberry festival day, though it was mostly rained out... Which only meant all the more Strawberries for us!

I finally had a chance to use my awesome hiking backpack for the little guy, that my former co-workers at The Trustees bought for me as a going away/welcome baby present. It works really well, and will be a big hit in Montana this summer. I am also going to bring it to the beach on Tuesday, how else would I get the guy, and all the stuff, out on the sand with only me?

The festival had some bluegrass music (sadly we got there too late for it). And, tons of strawberries for the picking. I am thinking this is an ideal pick your own situation for kids ages 4-12. Big range there! But, it can keep them entertained for hours, at a pretty minimal cost. I have gone applepicking with kids in this age range before, and they can fill up a $10 bag in about 2 minutes... Strawberries, not so much.

J had a good time, but I think he was a bit tired. He has had a lot of fun with Nana and Pa this weekend. While we were leaving we noticed a 1-1/2 year old looking at the strawberries, and I just kept thinking how different an experience this will be for him next year. Especially since hopefully he can actually eat one then!
I think we'll try to do apple picking with Cameron this fall. Have you not given J strawberries yet? Cameron loves them! Cherries and blueberries are a big hit too.
ReplyDeleteCherries and Blueberries are his fav! I was told no strawberries for a year... But, I may try this week with one to see. My grandmother was allergic, so that is why I am being cautious. But, he is almost a year!
ReplyDelete