Thursday, June 24, 2010

Aquarium!, Again

As you may be aware, I bought a membership to the New England Aquarium. Hence, I feel the need to visit at least two more times so that I can get more than my money's worth. So, we went to the Aquarium today, with Pat and Brit!
The kids had a great time. A quick picnic at the greens right across from the Long Wharf Marriott, and off we went. Though, we then saw that the Aquarium had set out an outdoor restaurant with beer and such... And we totally would have done that instead... but alas.
Having a membership is the only way to go to get to the Aquarium. Members do not have to wait in the ridiculous line to get tickets (nor do they have to pay for tickets). Members also get $10 off parking. But, that being said, I am not sure we will renew our membership next year (or go to the Aquarium for a year after that) because it is a MOB SCENE. Tons of families. I thought we were smart going the day after Mass public schools closed. No school groups, no camps. But no, tons of families. Aren't people supposed to be working?
Despite the crowds, the kids had a good time. Something about animals makes my kid very happy. He sees the penguins and immediately smiles. The tanks were also interesting to him, but not for long. The zoo held his attention longer Maybe a Stone Zoo trip is on the horizon. So, thanks Aquarium. We will probably visit you again in the fall/winter. But boy are you expensive and crowded and for what?

No comments:

Post a Comment