
A few days ago I posted he was walking. And he was. Between people with much encouragement. He was also going on his own between the couch and the toys, a few steps. But tonight, that has all changed. The kid was walking all around the house. From the couch, to the kitchen, down the hallway, past the dogs (Joel and I were quite impressed of J's ability to navigate around Otter - 50 pounds heavier than him and tail wagging). He was giggling - no, squealing - with delight. Like, "I have finally figured this thing out, I am on the move!" This literally happened at about 7:30pm tonight. I wonder if he will have forgotten this by tomorrow, or if it is really all over... Good news is we are off the Castle Hill tomorrow. He can walk to his content on the Grand
Allee or at the beach.

This walking all comes after I just bought him a pair of shoes from Stride Rite that were for crawlers. Nice. Don't worry, they are going back. And, also don't worry, I got him 4 OTHER pairs of shoes... He needed them... One fancy sandal that matches Dad's
Mandals (
ok, he did not need those). But, he needed one every day summer
Mandal (or
Boydal?). It will be great to not have to put socks on his sweaty feet. Boat shoes, for walking on the beach/rocky places. And, Flip Flops, because they were $3 and they match his crab outfits... How many shoes do your kids have? He does also have a pair of sneakers that I can use with socks, if needed. That is 5 pairs of shoes... They range in size from fit him right now, to between .5-1 size larger... so I hope this will hold us for a while. Prior to this he only had one pair of shoes, a size two which I was squeezing him in for weeks now... He is a 4.5 wide! (The salesperson at the store said very eloquently that his feet are a little "chubby").
Photos are from Chinese food lunch with Dad (Joel) today. They do not have much of a kid menu so he got steamed chicken and veggies all for himself, and ate a ton. Loves brown rice (not from the Gerber box is apparently the new trick). Good times!
Way to go, J., on officially becoming a walker! Isn't it crazy how fast they pick things up?
ReplyDeleteLucy has 2 pairs of sandals (1 pink, 1 white), a pair of sneakers, and crocs. I'm going to be buying her water shoes soon for the beach, too. She has a bunch of other shoes, too, that are in varying degress of a little too small or a little too big (2 pairs of pedipeds, 2 pairs of canvas/boat type shoes, another pair of sneakers, 2 pairs of Robeez...). We usually stick with the first 4 pairs I mentioned. I love looking at shoes for her, though, so I'm sure the collection will grow!
We have 4 pairs but only use 3 - sandals, shoes, water shoes. Daycare doesn't allow anything but closed toe shoes. Cameron's regular shoes are from Stride Rite and while expensive were totally worth it. I got her sand/water shoes at Bye Bye Baby for $10 and she loves them!
ReplyDelete