
We visited with Papa Red (Big Joel's Grandfather, little Joel's Great Grandfather) this afternoon. Good times! I think Red is in agreement, our guy is cute. I still hope J's hair gets a little redder so we can finally just nickname him Red too!

Ok, I have a question for all of you out there. It is funny, and it is not. Here it goes. We did cry it out a few months back, and our little angel has been perfect. Too good to be true! I believe he would still be perfect, except for one little thing... Now that he is able to pull himself up, he pulls himself up in his crib. The only problem, he cannot sit himself back down it seems.

Two nights in a row we have had a crying child about 10 minutes after we put him to bed. But it is not sustained crying, no. He cries for about thirty seconds, then falls back asleep. Then, five minutes later he cries for thirty seconds, then falls back asleep. The kid - stands up - and falls asleep standing. Then he wakes up - naturally because how is this comfortable - and freaks out. But, he cannot get himself to sit back down. We have him in a sleep sack. Do you think this is the reason? Ideas, thoughts? Or perhaps, just a funny story? I am worried because I go back in there and lay him back down - but I do not want to undo everything cry it out did by doing this...
Ha! Unfortunately there is not much you can do about this until J learns how to sit down from standing. The sleep sack should have nothing to do with it. You can practice with him during the day and see if it helps. Try to get him to land on his butt so he can just roll over and sleep. BTW we will be in Boston the last weekend in August. Play date?
ReplyDeleteWeissbluth swears that you just let him sleep standing up and eventually he'll get down (even if it is a short fall). My husband and I agreed no going in EVEN for standing and we stuck by that. It lasted the same 3-4 days as original CIO. After all, J will be falling all the time anyway so we weren't worried about that part of it. I say let him CIO. Does he sleep in a sleep sack? That has been good for us - prevents climbing, etc.
ReplyDeleteThanks, ladies! We are mad at ourselves for going in, and have sworn not to go in again. He loves the sleep sack normally, but as this episode has been combined with warmer temperatures I was not sure if the sleep sack was too warm for him... But alas, we are going to stick it out. At least he napped well this morning!
ReplyDelete